BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 31, 2011


Kamusta po kayo,
This week I have sadly spent a lot more time in the house.
Things are getting worse rather than better for my
companion and her stress and insomnia have reached an all
time level. Although at least on Thursday morning I got to
talk with the mission president face to face about it
and he was nothing but helpful and supportive. I get a
strange feeling that unless Sister Balili dies within then
next 2 weeks I will be the one to get transferred from the
area so as to not add stress taking my companion out of her
comfort zone and putting her in a new area. President said
he feels I need a new experience not quite sure
what that is but whatever the Lord has in store for me
I am excited and ready to go wherever it he he wants me
to go! Will not know for another 2 weeks though until
transfer announcements for sure.With all my time in the
house I have been catching up on my reading of the Book
of Mormon in Tagalog and should have finished reading the
whole Book of Mormon in Tagalog all 777 pages by the end
of my mission! its been a goal for a while to do that.
This week I was great full for a on the post chance to
speak in sacrament meeting that turned out to be a huge
blessing as i felt the spirit so strong for the first time
in the week. keeping my companion positive and happy makes
me see and admit to myself how much I have really changed.
I would not just say it if it hadn't been the fact that the
mission president told me too " You've CHANGED sister Quinn"
he said.Also Sister Dayley who was in my MTC batch and is
now my house mate and Sister Lamoste who has been my
house mate for more than half of my mission back in Taralac
and here again has said how much I have changed, So I'd
better stop bragging about myself other than to say I
am glad I've changed, I saw when I got here to the mission
how much I needed to and prayed for a miracle,I stand as
a witness that no matter how impatient you might be
serving the Lord and more importantly serving others
before yourself is the sure way to change, all you have
to do is just do it! I am still so very thankful president
for so many blessings , for the small and simple things
like an on the spot opportunity to speak in sacrament
meeting yesterday that filled me with the spirit and
brought joy and peace to my soul in a way I cannot describe
but try to explain to my investigators on a daily basis.
I am great full for Unexpected investigators at church to
tell us " Sister I was having a bad day so I decided to
come to church and I felt good just like you told me I
would!" I am great full for the book of Mormon for its
power as a teaching tool that even with its deep level
of language is somehow able to say things we can only feel.
I am great full for the Senior couples and have to brag on
the Prisbreys for a moment and let you know just what an
amazing help they have been in my time in the house
caring for sister Balili. They are allays their to give
a blessing offer something nice to eat to calm sister,
or just to ask how things are going. They are their to
offer to teach with us, to help out in the work in any
ways they can, even just their encouragement as they
drive past while we walk down the street with sister
prisbrey shouting" Sister go give em heaven" makes my day!
Most of all though I am still great full for my companion
of all of my companions sister Balili has been for me the
one I've learned the most lessons from and has been
in my life a huge blessing not just for my mission but for
years to come. I love you all and miss you too!
With love and Ingat sa lahat,
Sister QUinn

0 comments: