BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 7, 2011

Kamusta Po Kayo Lahat,
This week we have a lot of new investigators. Nannay
Lori is a reallygreat new investigator who was taught by
Elders in the past and lost contact, she sells Bananas
at the Pelanke , which is our main concern that it will
take sacrifice for her to leave her stall at the market
(pelanke) and get to church on Sundays. Our other new
investigators also have a connection with food. They run
an ice cream selling business where the go around on bikes
and sell ice cream. I plan on coming home fat apparently,
but to be honest its worth it because these people are
just as good as their ice cream tastes, really down
to earth and humble. This Mothers name is Alma
( which is a common name for women here) and we came
in contact on a bad day when I bought some ice cream and
decided to give a pamphlet to their son RJ , the
next time we saw him he said he'd read the whole thing
and wanted us to come and teach his family on Sunday.
We came on Saturday so we could invite them to come to
church the next day, Sister Alma was close to accepting
but still a little shy since she does not know any
one at the church but we are inviting members to come with
us when we teach them and the good news it their house
is SUPER close to the church on Paterno st. Actually I've
gotten really into eating this ice cream its the same
kind that was in my picture on the photo bucket
Sisterashtonquinn2 last week . Its called dirty ice
cream because it is home made. TO me though it delicious.
This week we have been really blessed in our finding
efforts. Our companionship exchanges were great,
I was with sister Lamoste for the 3rd time in our
mission we may not have been companion but we have been
house mates for over 9 mths now and that makes her my
longest companion in the mission. She says I've really
changed I hope and pray its true. Speaking on Charity
and Love today in our District Development meeting was
a really great experience I feel like this transfer I have
really learned so much about those two Christ like
attributes. I am nervous about transfers and pretty sure
i will be transferred to a new area for my last 5 weeks
in the mission field, but Looking forward to a new
challenge either way.
I love this work! I DO NOT WANT TO GO HOME! STOP TRYING
TO TRUNK ME OUT! But i still love you all and am excited
to see you when the time does come.
Ang Inyong Kapatid na babae (your Sister )
Sister Quinn

0 comments: