BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 18, 2011


Kamusta Po Kayo,
This week in our companionship exchanges I saw
maybe a little bit of myself in Sister Atanante remembering
myself when I first came into the mission how I thought I
knew so much through my experiences before my mission
working with the missionaries as well as feeling like
I was here to prove something or just to show exactly
how devoted to the lord I could be. I think maybe just
what I saw the most was how much I have changed. At the
same time I was scared by seeing all of this wanting so
desperately to be able to keep this change with me as I go
back to the cold harsh world. I do NOT ever want to go
back to being the person I was before my mission. As I
have heard that the true success of a missionary is based
on who that missionary is even after their mission.
I have been thinking on that a bit on all the things I
have worked so hard to change and apply in my life .
I am thinking again of more and more goals on how I can
continue to keep these things with me.
I am so great full and happy to say that I am
STILL LEARNING more and more about simple things in the
gospel that before seemed to me to be a basic principle
that I was certain I knew about or that was really not to
hard to understand such as gratitude or obedience, or
willingness. As I have studied simple principles of the
gospel these last few weeks in my personal study time.
I have found these simple principles open up and expand
into specific goals and plans for daily life now and after
my mission. I am excited to continue learning. I am
making it a huge part of my goals post mission to go
to the temple more and I am having a temple dress made
at a dress maker here I am really excited to see that
finished this week. Having a dress made here is so cheep
as well as easy to do as their are so many dress
makers and it is so simple to just go into one of them
and order a dress to be made in a weeks time!
In terms of our work here in San Fernando, this
week our Broquesa family finally became whole. They have
an older daughter who was living with a grandmother ,
but she has now come home to the family and is very
receptively receiving our message. We are very excited
by her progress and her willingness to accept the restored
gospel. We came in to teach her lesson one having only
just left her with a pamphlet we returned the next time
to ask her what she knew about prophets and she
told us she knew that Joseph smith was a prophet.
We have moved back this family's baptismal date so that
they can be baptized whole , together one beautiful
eternal family! We are so excited for them to
be baptized this coming April 8th! Of course this means
I will miss seeing this family baptized but to be honest
I would so much rather see the whole family ready to be
baptized together and to be set on a goal towards the
temple rather than rushed and set just for me to see
them baptized before I go home of my mission. We are
of course also still finding new people every day.
The closer I get to my final days the more and more
precious that finding time becomes. It was always
something that I've done as a missionary you cant avoid
it but now as I think on all the times I was maybe
nervous to open my mouth or even hesitate for just one
second. I think on that now and realize I have
yet to ever see even one time again one of those
people, the lord truly does do miracles to place these
people in our paths at this time and so we as missionary
HAVE TO JUST DO IT! and speak to them as we see them .
They are their the prepared ones.
Bearing my testimony yesterday in sacrament meeting
was emotional and taught me something new in a special way.
Although my testimony was so very simple about 4 simple
blessings. I have come to realized that those 4 simple
blessings are really the things that matter the most to
me! 1 the atonement of Jesus Christ 2 my eternal family
3 the blessing of being a member in the lords true
restored church 4 my opportunity to serve here as a
full time missionary !
Just to let you all know on the side note of
good news! I got an email from the school in oxford
offering me a place for their publishing Masters course
and so I will be studying their this fall! I knew of
course their would be blessings for serving the lord and
I know that now as I come to see them I must to my best
to remain humble and to accept them with a heart full of
gratitude.
Nagpapasalmat ako sa lahat!
At mahal Ko po Kayo!
Sister Quinn

0 comments: